|Date Posted||June 3, 2021|
Location: Akron, OH
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
This Cyber Security Analyst will be a member of Global IT Risk & Security, and will work in partnership with their team members and other parts of IT, to identify and remediate cyber security incidents such as malware infections and perform routine IT risk & security administrative tasks such as granting access. Typical activities include investigating malware infected PC’s determining how the infection occurs, what information was, lost and how to prevent future infections. The position independently handles complex security tasks, referring questionable cases to more experienced staff.
- Troubleshoot potential security problems reported by customers, systems or team members.
- Participate in various cyber security projects as a team member and lead smaller efforts.
- Assists in technical support of security related to third party software, operating systems or databases. Has developed unique skills and abilities valued by his/her peers.
- Work with Deskside support, server administration and other parts of IT to remediate security service incidents.
- Use a log management tool (Splunk), develop search procedures and dashboards as required to identify and remediate cyber or product incidents.
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline or in lieu of degree 6-8 years of work experience in IT. Cyber security classed desired.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience.
Personal Skills/Attributes/and Qualifications:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Can convey complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current Microsoft products (especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint), IT security tools and basic coding.
- Understanding of business acumen and the organization.
- Ability to apply different strategies to convince others to change their opinion or plan
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.