|Date Posted||March 26, 2021|
The Cyber Security Analyst will provide expert consultation across a wide range of cross-functional areas of Cybersecurity (CS) services. The Cyber Security Analyst will provide project planning, guidance, and technical expertise in the areas of program, policy, process, and planning, risk management, auditing, assessments, Assessment and Authorization (A&A), and quality planning and control of all products.
- Assist with development and maintain Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) and end-to- end Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to identify collaborative responsibilities and support process interaction with other government and contractor IT groups.
- Develop and maintain a detailed policy matrix mapping federal, DoD, and local policies to the required security controls as identified by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) SP 800-53 and DoDI 8510.01.
- Documents include but are not limited to:
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Agency Training (e.g., cyber awareness, computer incidents, malicious codes, etc.)
- Contingency Plan
- Security Assessment Report (SAR)
- Cybersecurity Instruction
- Concept of Operations (CONOPS)
- Incident Response Plan (IRP)
- Configuration Management Plan (CMP)
- System Authorization Access Request (SAAR)
- Vulnerability Management Plan
- SystemSecurity Plans (SSP)
- Plan of Actions and Milestones (POAMs)
- Administer CS training, including the annual Cyber Awareness Challenge training per DoDD 8500.1 and compliance with the requirements of DoDD 8570.1 and DoD 8570-M for the IA Workforce Improvement Program (WIP).
- Provide operational risk management support for CS-managed systems, whether networked or standalone. Networks include varying security classifications, architectures, mobile devices, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and other remote access architectures and technologies, including Secure Socket Layer.
- Provide CS’ portion of the Tier 3 Computer Network Defense (CND) services in accordance with DoDI O-8530.2, CJCSI 6510.01E, and CJCSM 6510.01.
- Support enterprise level Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) and DoD Reporting Management and Support, including vulnerability management oversight activities for all assets in the “Test” and “Production” enclaves and all standalone systems.
- Participate in the CS change management process, including attending the weekly Enterprise Change Control Board (ECCB) meetings, reviewing Requests for Change (RFCs) distributed in email, and performing risk assessments on hardware and softwar
- Evaluate all newly deployed servers and applications in the “Test” and “Production” enclaves and verify that the asset entries have been created in the DoD DPMS and ensure vulnerabilities have been mitigated and STIGs have been applied.
- Review applications by performing an automated and/or manual scan of the application code and report findings in the application code scan to the SA for developer or remediation.
- Plan and execute compliance and Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities in support of CIO’s role as AO for client and its subcomponents, including the following tasks:
- Perform system registration in eMASS on behalf of the system owner
- Perform system registration in DITPR on behalf of the system owner
- Update eMASS with IA Controls on behalf of system owner
- Update eMASS POA&M information when required on behalf of the system owner
- Provide support for the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) for all Information Systems (IS), enclaves, and application systems under the purview of the CIO per DoDI 01.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in Information Technology (IT) with at least 5 of those 10 years managing IT projects or programs focused on interpreting and applying DoD Cybersecurity (CS) policy and guidance to operational DoD IT environments.
- 3+ years of experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) software in a DoD environment.
- Experience in at least 8 of the following 15 areas of expertise:
- Current Microsoft server and workstation OS security configurations and scripting
- Current Red Hat Linux Enterprise OS security configurations
- Current Unix OS security configurations and scripting
- Current Microsoft server and desktop application security
- VMWare security
- Database security (e.g., Oracle, MS SQL, MS Access)
- Border device security (e.g., firewall, VLANs, IP Subnetting, Ports and protocols
- Encryption standards
- Vulnerability scanning using approved DoD scanner
- Application code scanning with Fortify or other industry standard product
- HBSS monitoring
- Auditing (e.g., system accounts, security logs, system and network anomalies)
- Working knowledge of DoD Components
- Metrics – capture and documentation
- Technical writing – technical documents and user training materials
- Splunk implementation and administration (front and back end support)
- Experience required includes the analysis, design and implementation of security procedures of hardware and software on complex, large-scale systems in an enterprise environment.
- Secret clearance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, cyber security, or a related field preferred
- DoDD 8570.1/DoD 8570.01-M certification requirements for the IA Manager (IAM) Level II or DoDD 8570.1/DoD 8570.01-M certification requirements for IAT III, within 6 months of hire
- Knowledge and experience with current NIST Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) and Special Publications (SP): SP800-18, SP800-37, SP800-53, SP800-53A, SP800-60, FIPS-199, FIPS-201 and FIPS-140-2, DoDI 8510.01.and other DoD and IC policies and their application to enterprise IT security.
- Knowledge and experience in security testing and security management using tools like NESSUS and HP Web Inspect.
- Must have advanced working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Average literacy with MS Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Excel to perform data evaluation, formulas, and analytics (e.g. able to transfer presentation graphics from Excel into PowerPoint or Word).
#Chenega Decision Sciences, LLC