|Location||St. Louis, MO|
|Date Posted||February 19, 2021|
Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Cyber Security Analyst on the DISA GSM-O program at Scott Air Force Base, IL.
- This position will perform cyber threat intelligence analysis, correlate actionable security events, perform network traffic analysis using raw packet data, net flow, IDS, IPS and custom sensor output as it pertains to the cyber security of communications networks, and lead the coordination of resources during incident response efforts.
- PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review DoD and open source intelligence for threats.
- Identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) and integrate those into sensors and SIEMs.
- Utilize alerts from endpoints, IDS/IPS, netflow, and custom sensors to identify compromises on customer networks/endpoints
- Review massive log files, pivot between data sets, and correlate evidence for incident investigations
- Assist junior analysts with triage and analysis.
- Complete deep-level cyber analysis of potential events.
- Report incidents to customers and USCYBERCOM.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience; additional work experience or Cyber courses/certifications may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, Full Packet Capture), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
- DoD 8570 IAT level II or higher certification such as CompTIA Security+ CE, ISC2 SSCP, SANS GSEC prior to starting.
- 8570 CSSP-A level Certification such as CEH, CySA+, GCIA or other certification is required within 180 days of hire.
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain and an ability to think and work independently.
- Willing to perform shift work.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance and be able to possess a Top-Secret w/ SCI clearance.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. ArcSight, Splunk, Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, QRadar, LogLogic).
- Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS/HBSS, IDS/IPS, Full Packet Capture, Network Forensics.
- Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods.
- Unix/Linux command line experience.
- Scripting and programming experience.
- Motivated self-starter and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
- Existing 8570 CSSP Analyst Certifications (CEH), CySA+, etc.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.