|Date Posted||February 13, 2021|
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Working as expert, conduct research and evaluate technical and all-source intelligence with specific emphasis on network operations and cyber security tactics, techniques, and procedures focused on the threat to networked platforms and customer information networks. Analyzes network events to determine the impact on current operations and conduct all-source research to determine capability and intent. Prepares assessments and cyber threat analysis of current events based on the sophisticated collection, research and analysis of classified and open source information. Correlates threat data from various sources. Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements and ensure maximum operations. Collects data using a combination of standard intelligence methods and business processes. Produces high-quality papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for senior US government intelligence and network operations officials.
Seeking a Cyber Security Analyst to detect, analyze, and mitigate cyber threats. Specifically, the candidate will:
Support cyber security initiatives through both predictive and reactive analysis, articulating emerging trends to leadership and staff
Perform network traffic analysis of organizational systems to analyze raw packet data and identify anomalous behavior
Prepare reports for customer on data analytics, emerging threats, high profile incidents, and proposed solutions
Identify gaps in cybersecurity systems and processes to reduce organizational risks
Offer innovative cyber defense solutions to protect customer systems
- Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
- Proficiency with at least three (3) or more of the following: mobile security, telecom protocols, operating systems, reverse engineering, forensics, network analysis, vulnerability assessment, or malware detection/prevention.
- Experience drafting reports, documenting case details, summarizing findings, and providing recommendations based on analysis
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong customer and partner relationship building skills
- Demonstrated experience working on networking projects and demonstrated experience with cyber security, and/or network security principles
- Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting, investigating issues associated with IP network products including routers, switches, wireless networking, VPN’s, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, IOT appliances
- Demonstrated experience with communication protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP, MPLS, OSPF, IGRP, BGP
- Knowledge and experience with encryption products, methodologies, configuration
- Knowledge and experience with network packet capture appliances/applications, such as Netwitness, Solera, Probe, wireshark, Snort, Zeek
- Knowledge and experience with network vulnerability scanners, web scanners, and database scaners, such as Nessus, WebInspect, AppDetective
- Experience with Network management products such as HPOpenview, Solarwind
- Experience with anonymous/privacy internet capabilities and supporting network architecture
- Experience using Splunk to analyze and triage proprietary networks
- Experience conducting or supporting technical investigative efforts
MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Forensics, Network Security, or equivalent technical experience
Experience ensuring quality assurance and implementing best practices
Experience with Intrusion Prevention Systems and Endpoint Security Platforms
Relevant Security Certification: CEH, CISSP, CCSP, CCFP, GCFA, GCIA, OSCP
For Colorado Residents
The Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires employers in the state of Colorado to disclose the following information. If the position applied to is not located in Colorado, the following information may not apply.
Salary Minimum: $113,651.20
The base salary range above represents the low and high end of the Perspecta salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Perspecta's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Perspecta provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).