|Date Posted||November 10, 2020|
Kforce's Fortune 100 Client in Austin, TX is looking for Cyber Security Analysts on a contract to hire basis! This position requires a motivated fast learner, who is able to work within the Rapid Response function to identify, analyze, and remediate potential threats to the environment.
This role will perform security monitoring, investigations and perform analysis of events in order to thwart internal and external threats to the environment. Additionally, they will collaborate on an ongoing basis with the Cyber Security Rapid Response Incident Response Team and Managed Security Service providers to support detection, triage, incident analysis, containment, remediation and reporting of events/incidents while coordinating, balancing business priorities, emerging and actual threats and best practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets.
- Assist in establishing Global Security Monitoring discipline to support enterprise
- Analyze and respond to security threats from Firewall (FW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Antivirus (AV), Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) and other security threat data sources
- Respond in a timely manner (within documented SLA)
- Document actions in cases to effectively communicate information to internal stakeholders as well has for historical retrieval
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and security practices
- Resolve problems independently and understand escalation procedures
- Conduct Security Monitoring activities to provide Security in Depth visibility into potential known and unknown threats that may pose risk to the IBM environment
- Participate in security incidents and act as the technical Subject Matter Expert during significant security incidents
- Utilize analytics to identify potential threats to the environment