|Date Posted||June 26, 2020|
MorganFranklin Consulting is a management advisory firm that works with leading businesses and government to address complex and transformational finance, technology, cybersecurity, and business objectives.
MorganFranklin's cybersecurity practice helps clients across the globe to solve their most critical cybersecurity needs. From consulting and implementation to managed services and project resourcing, we work to safeguard assets by identifying risks, developing and maturing cybersecurity programs, and implementing solutions that support and meet business goals. Custom tailored and business-aligned service offerings include:
- Strategy and GRC
- Cybersecurity Operations
- Identity & Access Management
- Incident Response & Risk Intelligence
- Application Security
- Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP).
Cyber Security Analyst
Information Security has successfully implemented SailPoint as an IGA solution... and currently tackling the integration component. Applications in the environment are at different phases of integration - about 500+ haven't been integrated and there are a number of preexisting applications that have been integrated but would need to be reviewed and modified to meet expectations moving forward. In addition, there will be net new applications that will need to be integrated and included in this roadmap over the next few months.
Looking for a consultant with a strong identity and Active Directory background that can work with the IGA team and application owners to ensure applications are properly integrated. Due to the high visibility nature of this project, it's vital that this individual have prior experience interfacing and coordinating with application teams, while demonstrating the ability to communicate around timeline and environmental risk. From a technical standpoint, this individual doesn't have to specialize in a certain identity solution, but SailPoint would be the most relevant for this environment. From an Active Directory perspective, this person must be able to create groups and roles, as well as access groups to determine if they are properly updated to application standards, which may require remediation.
When new applications come in, they'll help align with standard integrated options
- Understanding how this application interacts with Active Directory, RACF, Okta, and database layer
- General understanding of IAM (Identity and Access Management)
- They'll help build roles / birthrights as they bring in more applications
- There are about 500 applications (checkbox apps) that they're aware of, but they're not well-integrated
- Need to figure out how to integrate them
- Need to figure out how to incorporate Active Directory, RACF, etc. with these applications
- Some are web portals, and they need to figure out ramifications of this as well
- Go through entitlements not current being reviewed
- If and when needed, split out entitlements by application for cleaner and neater IAM
- File-sharing remediation efforts
- Remediate descriptions (for fully reviewed, fully integrated applications, they'll be fixing standardized descriptions)
- Remove nested groups (research, migrate off of, then retire nested groups)
- Have backbone and hold your own without being contentious as you interact with others, particularly with application owners whose applications need to be more fully integrated into security plan
- Protect the Business with standardization
Analysis and Reporting
- Pulling data from Sailpoint
- Reviewing data to determine prioritization of actions above
- Coordination with the Business
- Come up with a burn chart (if there are 5000 groups that need to be
- Answering e-mails
- Understanding IAM and requesting access
- Customer service skills
- Written and verbal communication
- IAM data analysis
Context of the team
- Currently has 3 analysts (2 seniors and one who's more junior)
- Need to understand Active Directory, accounts, access, etc.
- Need to compare Sailpoint Identity IQ and Active Directory
- Access: Strong Active Directory experience (not administrator or engineer, but they've used it)
- Identity: they'll use Sailpoint and need to understand how multi-group access works
- They'll troubleshoot access issues, understand the workflows, logs, etc.
This is a Vaco employment opportunity aligned to MorganFranklin's cybersecurity offering (Vaco LLC, dba "MorganFranklin Cyber").