|Date Posted||March 19, 2020|
Title: Cyber security Analyst
Location: Austin TX 78703
Duration: 6+ Months
· Maintains and operates a variety of security measures and software that perform cyber security functions such as access control, monitoring or vulnerability assessment.
· Provides support to the end-user community and ensures they have up-to-date protection from malicious software and other cyber threats.
· Provides reports and other information related to information security issues as requested by management and other groups.
· Performs evaluation and analysis of security applications and systems and makes recommendations to management.
· This position utilizes in-depth knowledge of best practices and experience in own discipline to provide and improve services.
· Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
· Monitors security systems for possible intrusion. - Interacts with end users concerning malware, spam, vulnerabilities and any other cyber security issues.
· Reviews and creates audit reports on user and system activities. - Reviews system generated logs for anoma-lies and takes appropriate actions.
· Actively probes the network for new threats and risks. - Documents, deploys, reviews and maintains cyber security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
· Plans and implements cyber security technology projects.
· Provides business continuity/disaster recovery and risk analysis expertise. - Monitors security alerts on internet and other intelligence feeds and determines whether reported threats could impact information technology or operational technology systems.
· Implements and ensures technical security systems including SIEM, VAT, network IDS, antivirus, web and email filters and firewalls.