|Date Posted||June 6, 2019|
6+ Month Contract
3-5 years of security experience
Cyber Security is a very important part of our mission to take care of people so they can be their best. The Analyst – Cyber Security Operations plays a crucial role in completing that mission every day by ensuring the global security of our guests, colleagues, and hotels. As analyst on the CSO team he or she will assist on optimizing security infrastructure, develops new and novel methods of detecting cyber security incidents, responds to positive detection's as an incident responder, and hunts for threat actors in the environment proactively.
• Continuously tune and implement new rules and use cases for Security Incident and Event Monitoring (SIEM) tool.
• Respond to Cyber Security incidents as they are detected, ensuring that attackers are evicted and brought out of impact quickly and artfully.
• Provide assistance to CSO team and Cyber Security department, imparting knowledge that improves overall security posture.
• Continuously tune existing log sources and Host Intrusion Detection System (HIDS) to better detect attackers.
• Use innovation and lateral thinking to “hunt” inside the environment, looking for signs of attacker behavior proactively instead of responding to known incidents.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• At least two year of experience in Cyber Security is preferred; however, any combination of experience, education, and certification that demonstrates the candidate can be successful in the position are acceptable.
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
• A thorough understanding of the TCP/IP and OSI model is required
• Experience working with Windows and Linux Servers
• Experience with SIEM tools, EDR tools, Network IDS, Host IDS, DNS Firewalls, Next Gen Firewalls, Secure Web/Email Gateways is preferred.
An associate degree or better in Cyber Security or any security-related subject is preferred; however, any combination of education, experience, and certification that demonstrates the candidate can be successful in the position are acceptable.