|Date Posted||June 6, 2019|
*if interested, please send your updated Resume to Jacob at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]*
Cyber Security is a very important part of our mission to take care of people so they can be their best. As analyst on the CSO team he or she will assist on optimizing security infrastructure, develops new and novel methods of detecting cyber security incidents, responds to positive detections as an incident responder, and hunts for threat actors in the environment proactively.
• Continuously tune and implement new rules and use cases for Security Incident and Event Monitoring (SIEM) tool.
• Respond to Cyber Security incidents as they are detected, ensuring that attackers are evicted and brought out of impact quickly and artfully.
• Provide assistance to CSO team and Cyber Security department, imparting knowledge that improves overall security posture.
• Work with development and operations teams to ensure all relevant system logs are stored appropriately into SIEM.
• Continuously tune existing log sources and Host Intrusion Detection System (HIDS) to better detect attackers.
• Use innovation and lateral thinking to “hunt” inside the environment, looking for signs of attacker behavior proactively instead of responding to known incidents.
• The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• At least two year of experience in Cyber Security is preferred; however, any combination of experience, education, and certification that demonstrates the candidate can be successful in the position are acceptable.
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
• A thorough understanding of the TCP/IP and OSI model is required
• Experience working with Windows and Linux Servers
• Experience with SIEM tools, EDR tools, Network IDS, Host IDS, DNS Firewalls, Next Gen Firewalls, Secure Web/Email Gateways is preferred.
• Experience or understanding of core Security concepts
• Familiarity with laws, regulation and standards that affect cyber security.
An associate degree or better in Cyber Security or any security-related subject is preferred; however, any combination of education, experience, and certification that demonstrates the candidate can be successful in the position are acceptable
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178