|Date Posted||June 6, 2019|
Cyber Security is a very important part of our mission to take care of people so they can be their best. The Analyst – Cyber Security Operations plays a crucial role in completing that mission every day by ensuring the global security of our guests, colleagues, and hotels. As an analyst on the CSO team, he or she will assist on optimizing Hyatt’s security infrastructure, develops new and novel methods of detecting cybersecurity incidents, responds to positive detections as an incident responder, and hunts for threat actors in the environment proactively.
• Continuously tune and implement new rules and use cases for Hyatt’s Security Incident and Event Monitoring (SIEM) tool.
• Respond to Cyber Security incidents as they are detected, ensuring that attackers are evicted and Hyatt brought out of impact quickly and artfully.
• Provide assistance to the CSO team and Cyber Security department, imparting knowledge that improves overall security posture.
• Work with development and operations teams to ensure all relevant system logs are stored appropriately into Hyatt’s SIEM.
• Continuously tune existing log sources and Hyatt’s Host Intrusion Detection System (HIDS) to better detect attackers.
• Use innovation and lateral thinking to “hunt” inside the environment, looking for signs of attacker behavior proactively instead of responding to known incidents.
• Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
• The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all-encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.