|Date Posted||May 25, 2019|
TEKsystems is seeking an Information Security Analyst to support their client in Summerville, SC. Candidate will be responsible for analyzing, responding and mitigating security threats and vulnerabilities within our clients internal systems. The candidate will be monitoring their internal systems and looking at log files to make sure there are no vulnerabilities or threats.
Candidates must have a systems and networking background so they understand the impact of the changes they make when responding to security threats/vulnerabilities.
Client Position Description:
Our Client is seeking a cyber security analyst that supports their on premise and cloud cyber security infrastructure. Ensures all systems and data is properly protected. The Information Security Analyst analyzes, responds and mitigates cyber security threats and vulnerabilities. Works closely with IT operations to ensure proper implementation of security controls. Provides IT networking/security consulting to business operations.
* Analyze, respond, and mitigate cyber security threats and vulnerabilities
* Analyze log data to determine valid traffic patterns from potentially malicious traffic patterns
* Research threats and attack vectors that impact web applications and infrastructure
* Assess new and existing applications and system deployments for vulnerabilities and design flaws and prioritize remediation efforts based on risk
* Recommend application and operating system security configurations
* Support regulatory examinations and internal audits as needed
* Oversees and implements the acquisition and installation of state-of-the-art telecommunications and cyber security equipment/appliances.
* Ensures data and systems are properly protected from cyber-attacks.
* Supports 24x7x365 IT cyber security operations.
* Assures consistency in work and resolves or elevates issues as appropriate.
* Ensures accurate and complete records of activities are maintained.
* Continuously seeks opportunities to streamline processes and improve efficiencies.
* Works with the entire IT Division to ensure that coordination and communications are highly effective.
* Provides required input and support to Configuration Control Board and other governance boards.
* Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
* Ability to document and explain risks and vulnerabilities to technical stakeholders.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
* Bachelor's degree, Associates Degree or Technical School certificate in the area of Computer Science, Information Assurance or Cyber Security required; demonstrated accomplishments and certifications will be considered in lieu of formal education.
* Must demonstrate 1-3 years of experience in systems security. Must be familiar with IT security and controls concepts as well as current technologies and techniques for providing information security.
* Up-to-date knowledge of current threats.
* One or more entry level certifications required such as: Security+, GSEC, Network+, SSCP; higher level certifications are desired.
* Prior experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Domains, and Group Policy Management desired.
* Experience working with Cisco, switches, routers, and firewalls desired.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.