|February 10, 2024
Cyber Security is looking for a Cyber Security Analyst who assists in planning and implementing security measures to protect the company's computer systems, networks and data. The Cyber Security Analyst establishes and maintains users' accesses to all networks and information systems. This position is also responsible for preventing data loss and service interruptions by researching new technologies that will effectively protect a network. This position also administers the company's Security Awareness program.
The qualifications are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; or a combination of education and related experience
- Working knowledge of security software, computer network systems and databases
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Technology
- Excellent analytical skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The role responsibilities are:
- Use security utilities to monitor security related events; reporting any violations to the Cyber Security Manager or other IS management. Prepare reports that document security violations and the extent of the damage caused by the violations.
- Establish new users on all company information platforms; ensure authorized access is approved by proper management levels; investigate improper access; revoke or terminate access as needed; report violations to management.
- Monitor incoming request for the Cyber Security area; ensure request is properly authorized; perform actions to satisfy request; document actions taken; report successful completion of request back to the requestor.
- Stay updated on the latest information technology security trends. Participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; participate in professional organizations.
- Recommend security enhancements and purchases to management or senior IS staff.
- Ensure that our Security Awareness program communicates our security polices and requirements
At Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company, our Mission is to be the life insurance company of choice for our Farm Bureau family. Our focus is to provide competitive products and superior customer service to our Farm Bureau policyholders and agents, while observing the highest ethical standards. Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company continues to build on over 75 years of success with an outlined strategic vision, defined core values and above all, our employees. Our Company strives to provide a workplace with an outstanding culture, focusing on the development, growth and engagement of its employees.
We are looking for candidates who model our Company's Core Values which are:
- COMMITMENT TO SERVICE - recognizes that serving our agents, policyholders, and employees is the foundation of our success
- RESPECT FOR PEOPLE - values individual's unique talents, backgrounds, and experiences
- INTEGRITY- upholds the highest ethical standards in all of their actions
- ACCOUNTABILITY FOR RESULTS - commits to getting the job done by taking ownership of their work
- COMMITMENT TO TEAMWORK - understands, appreciates, and respects each individual's roles on their teams
- COURAGE TO ACT - acts in the best interest of the Company