|Published||September 20, 2023|
Shift Digital is the leader in digital marketing program optimization. Established in 2008 and headquartered in Birmingham, Michigan, our comprehensive solutions help national brands and their local retailers measure, manage, and improve the performance of their digital marketing and sales initiatives.
We are seeking a talented and proactive Cybersecurity Analyst to join our organization's Information Security team. The Cybersecurity Analyst will play a critical role in protecting our systems, networks, and data from cyber threats. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in cybersecurity, desire for continuous learning, possess excellent analytical skills, demonstrate effective communication skills, and be capable of recommending and monitoring security controls.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Understand, track and manage security threats and risks. This includes performing risk assessments and measuring the success and effectiveness of mitigation efforts.
- Assist with the development of policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines and articulate best practices to customers, employees and leadership.
- Ensure that Information Security (IS) and cybersecurity architecture/designs, plans, controls, processes, standards, policies, and procedures are aligned with cybersecurity requirements.
- Work independently within an established framework and apply critical thinking to multitask and prioritize.
- Evaluate, test, recommend, develop, coordinate, and monitor information systems (IS) and cybersecurity policies, procedures, and systems, including access management for hardware, firmware, software and business processes.
- Identify security risks and exposures, determine the cause(s) of security violations, and recommend procedures to mitigate future incidents and improve cybersecurity.
- Develop techniques and procedures for conducting IS and cybersecurity risk assessments, incident investigations and compliance audits.
- Participate in the evaluation and testing of hardware, firmware, and software for possible impact on system security and align with system hardening standards.
- Continue to build knowledge of the organization, processes, customers, and threat landscape.
- Develop, maintain, and brief leadership on cybersecurity metrics and KPI.
- Work closely with the Shift Digital InfoSec team, senior management, system owners, and stakeholders to address and advise on cybersecurity concerns.
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Experience with security tools, such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, full packet capture, vulnerability scanners, Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), and antimalware.
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities.
- Familiarity with network protocols, operating systems (Windows and Unix), and cloud environments.
- Experience or ability to develop and deliver cybersecurity awareness training.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of common security frameworks and standards (e.g., NIST, CIS, PCI DSS).
- Experience performing risk assessments and articulating security risks to stakeholders.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and associated IS technologies is a plus but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex cybersecurity concepts and best practices to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., GSLC, CISM, CISSP, CySA, Security+ and CRISC) are a plus.
This is a full time, direct hire position with Shift Digital. We offer an extraordinary benefit package, very competitive compensation, paid holidays, generous paid time off (PTO) and other employee perks. This is an opportunity to join a highly interactive and advanced software creation team, where culture and technology are priority.
Shift Digital participates in eVerify
Equal Opportunity Employer