|Published||September 18, 2023|
|Location||Wilton Manors, FL|
As a part of our team you'll be working with emerging technologies to solve challenging cyber security problems in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment. This position embodies Cyber Network Defense and a successful Cyber Security Analyst will be able to quickly analyze threats, understand the risk it may pose, deploy effective countermeasures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads or participates in information security related projects or in managing strategy.
- Lead and manage the Cyber Security Training and Education program
- Make business critical incident response decisions, and work as part of a team of individuals dedicated to protecting clients.
- Performs Incident Handling duties which can be minor or major security incidents within the defined Computer Security Incident Response process.
- Maintains situational awareness for cyber threats across multiple clients and act where necessary.
- Conduct forensic investigations for HR, Legal, or incident response related activities.
- Manage and Monitor cloud-based content filter for efficient school operations
- Assessing alerts and notifications of event activity, and intrusion detection systems by responding accordingly to the threat.
- Provide reports and documentations as requested by supervisor.
- Provide management with critical decision-making information by analyzing data, forecasting and development of systems or processes to monitor data and trends
- Participate successfully in the training programs offered to increase the individual's skill and proficiency related to the assignments
- Review current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to job responsibility
- Ensure adherence to good safety procedures
- Perform other duties as delegated by Infrastructure and Security Manager
- Follow federal and state laws, as well as company policies
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and the mission of the company; supports company's goals and strategic priorities.
- Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all levels of the organization; relates to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Demonstrates ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates excellent oral (including presentations), written, interpersonal (active listening), skills and ability in negotiating and influencing; great phone etiquette.
- Thinks ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to consistently be at work, to arrive on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Strives to research, evaluate and implement best practices.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Strong track record for analyzing complex problems/issues, identifying patterns and recommending creative solutions.
- Proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on highest level of quality.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or related degree and a minimum of tfive (5) years of related experience in Information Security or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience. Experience should include a minimum of two (2) years in conducting Cyber Network Defense and a minimum of three (3) years of experience with incident response methodologies, malware analysis, penetration testing, scripting and/or forensics.
- Systems administrator experience in Linux, Unix, Windows or OSX operating systems is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to create complex scripts, develop tools, or automate processes in PowerShell, Python or Bash.
- Security certification such as CISA, CISM, SSCP, CISSP, CCNA, CompTIA Security+, GIAC(s),
- CEH will be extremely advantageous
- Knowledge of networking and the common network protocols.
- Ability to travel within and outside of Florida.
- Commitment to company values.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as the hiring company may find appropriate and acceptable.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
- Usual office working conditions.
- No physical exertion required.
- Travel within or outside of state.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with EduServe's salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by EduServe.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with EduServe's policy.
The EduServe's Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.