|Published||September 15, 2023|
Job Title: Cyber Security Analyst
Job Location: Hill AFB, UT
Security Clearance: Active, in-scope US Government issued: Top Secret clearance
Due to the nature of the work and US Government required, US Citizenship is required.
Trace Systems is actively recruiting for a Cyber Security Analyst to join our team based on-site at Hill AFB, UT.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Perform cyber threat analysis on the DoD network
- Perform network traffic analysis using packet capture programs
- Perform regular audits to ensure security practices are compliant
- Respond to alerts and identify malicious threats on the DoD network
- Upgrade network sensors and Security Information and Event Management systems as new threats are discovered
- Manage IDS and IPS devices
- Manage firewalls
- Report findings to USCYBERCOM for review
- Position requires a minimum of 2 years of Cyber Security or Information Assurance related experience.
- Active, in-scope US Government issued Top Secret clearance.
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required.
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (Security+ce, CCNA-Security, CySA+, etc.)
- CEH Certification required 6 months after start.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors.
- Demonstrated Understanding methods of exploitation and of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience analyzing high volumes logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, FPC), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk).
- Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture software, Host-Based Forensics, or Network Forensics.
- Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods.
- Unix/Linux command line experience.
- Scripting and programming experience.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Willingness to perform shift work.