|Published||September 1, 2023|
About the job Cyber Security Analyst
Job Summary/Purpose: :
We are seeking a Cyber Security Analyst III : to support the Marine Corps vision, strategy, mission, and goals within Program Manager Applications (PM APPS) to deliver applications efficiently and effectively to the Warfighter and leverage new technologies.
Essential Responsibilities/Functions: :
- Uses risk management framework methodology and processes to support the preparation of a Risk Management Plan (RMP).
- Captures, consolidates, and documents programs compliance metrics in accordance with the risk management framework on a monthly basis.
- Supports the project with subject matter expertise of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs).
- Provides cybersecurity compliance trends and issues and provides process improvement recommendations to increase standardization across programs.
- Monitors higher level cybersecurity documentation for changes in compliance standards.
- Provides a Cybersecurity Impact Analysis (CIA) to ensure all programs are in compliance with higher level cybersecurity documentation, such as, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS), Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS), DoD, DON and USMC policies/guidance.
- Provides recommendations for cybersecurity standardization activities across the programs to include, but not limited, to SETR reviews, Agile/hybrid methodologies, DEVSECOPS, MCCAST, and Government provide cybersecurity templates.
- Collects Assessment and Authorization (A&A) and cybersecurity metrics to identify trends and provide process improvement targets.
- Provides recommendations on ECPs and SETR documentation on the impacts to cyber compliance. Develop cyber specification and requirements that are not covered by security implementation guides.
- Ability to update and close out Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM) activities.
- Ability to review and update Memorandum for Record (MFR) in accordance with Untied States Marine Corps (USMC) policies.
- Ability to develop and update System Security Plans (SSP) for the assigned security package.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to develop a strong rapport across a variety of technical and non-technical teams
- Knowledge of intelligence gathering, analysis, and dissemination techniques specifically in the area of cyber security.
Required Experience: :
- Minimum five years of cybersecurity experience preferably supporting projects in the USMC.
- Minimum of Security+ Certification
- Certified Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) preferred
- Required Education, Licenses and Certifications::
- Bachelors degree or higher in technical field (e.g.: Computer Science, Information Technology).
Security Clearance Requirements: :
- Active Secret Clearance
Work Environment and Physical Requirements: :
- Have the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Have the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement programs
- Paid time off
- HSA, FSA, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and AD&D, Accident, Hospital, and Critical Illness Insurances.
- Monthly team building events
- Professional growth opportunities
- Performance awards