|Published||September 18, 2022|
Remote in NC - Cyber Security Advisor for a member-driven organization representing the interests of cities and towns in the state of North Carolina!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Julia Toms
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $130,000 - $150,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are a member-driven organization representing the interests of cities and towns in the state of North Carolina. For more than 100 years, we have been one voice for cities and towns working for a better North Carolina. We do that by offering non-partisan advocacy, insurance, and a range of other services.
Why join us?
- Employees enjoy best in class benefits to include participation in the NC Retirement System
- 401k plan with up to 4% employer match.
- Company paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Generous paid time off and so much more!
- Remote work
The Cyber Security Advisor will be working with leaders and IT staff members to identify security gaps and develop solutions, the Cyber Security Strategist creates security discovery documents, solutions, and strategies - with clear language and thorough consideration of implications to business and technology teams. Frequent travel within North Carolina for onsite assessments or meetings with stakeholders is anticipated.
- Provide thought leadership and apply areas of expertise to IT Cyber Security matters to develop programs that are effective and efficient.
- Utilize research and analysis in addition to an in-depth understanding of organizational goals/priorities and technology to develop executable strategies and plans.
- Advises leadership/exec management on issues with high, critical impact on the success of their Cyber Security program.
- Sets guidelines for compliance and risk management requirements for Cyber Security and works with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Reviews and documentation of current state, gap analysis, and identifying activities to move towards the strategic target state. Performs review and analysis of System environments.
- Lead collaboration efforts with internal and external IT service providers and business units in evaluating and gathering a technical understanding of the information security environment
- Consult on organizational goals and strategies for Cyber Security, ensuring alignment and support with Technology goals and strategies.
- 7+ years of Information Technology in support of Business Services experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following work experience, training, military experience, education
- CISSP Certification
- Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure, applications, operating systems, high availability, and IT communications, trends, and security best practices.
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- 7+ years of cyber security, technology, or related strategic planning experience
- 2+ years of experience in consulting or Information Security position
- Ability to communicate confidentially, professionally, and effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships across all organizational boundaries and levels.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to solve complex problems without direct oversight
- Advanced information and cyber security presentation and communications development experience
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.