|Date Posted||May 13, 2020|
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
As a member of the Department of Interior Network Security Team, the Cyber Security Administrator supports developing technical architecture for a secure LAN/WAN, Continuity of Operations, cyber security monitoring to rapidly detect incidents, conducts vulnerability analysis, identifies weaknesses, analyzes logs, tracks incidents, generates after action reports when directed and restores IT operations after incidents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for the integration of CNI Core Competencies into daily functions, including: commitment to integrity, knowledge / quality of work, supporting financial goals of the company, initiative / motivation, cooperation / relationships, problem analysis / discretion, accomplishing goals through organization, positive oral / written communication skills, leadership abilities, commitment to Affirmative Action, reliability / dependability, flexibility and ownership / accountability of actions taken.
Offers innovative technical solutions to evolving customer requirements.
Interacts with customers in a professional manner even under the high pressure of tight deadlines and aggressive deployment schedules.
Adheres to all CNI processes and procedures including change management regardless of the pressure to meet aggressive deadlines. Ensures all required documentation is produced and delivered.
Works closely with the other Team members to implement best practices and ensure the best value is provided to our customers.
Responsible for aiding in own self-development by being available and receptive to all training made available by the company.
Plans daily activities within the guidelines of company policy, job description and supervisor’s instruction in such a way as to maximize personal output.
Responsible for keeping own immediate work area in a neat and orderly condition to ensure safety of self and co-workers. Will report any unsafe conditions and/or practices to the appropriate supervisor and human resources. Will immediately correct any unsafe conditions to the best of own ability.
Provides engineering support in an enterprise network environment for the following areas through collaboration with team members:
- Assessing and hardening security configurations for operating systems, applications and services
- Administration of Network Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (NIDS & NIPS)
- Administration of Host Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (HIDS & HIPS)
- Administration of Network Access Control (NAC) Systems such as ForeScout CounterAct
- Administration of/and deployment of Security Information Event Management Systems (SIEM), such as Splunk
- IDS, IPS, SIEM content management, policy tuning and signature development
- Ad-hoc scripting supporting process automation and data analysis
- New system integration and coordination with engineering
- Resource utilization analysis and performance tuning of IDS & SIEM servers & applications
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience in the deployment, operation, maintenance, upgrading and troubleshooting/repair of cyber defense systems to include but not limited to: network components, servers, analyst workstations, CND associated hardware and software
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and balance conflicting demands
- Strong sense of professionalism, integrity and ethics
- Ability to combine technical skills with an understanding of business needs to successfully protect assets
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience assessing and hardening configurations for operating systems, applications and services
- Design of TCP/IP (V4 and V6) addressing and standards including network design, firewall configuration, load balancing, remote access, strong authentication, vulnerability scanning, VPN and DMZ management
- LAN and WAN network design, implementation, and configuration best practices
- High-availability and Continuity of Operations (COOP)
- Engineer solutions for application security, content filtering, network protocols, access control, encryption, and multifactor authentication technologies
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in a related technical field with a minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience. Job-related industry certification, such as CISSP, SANS GIAC, security+, MCSE and Linux, obtained within 1 year of start.
CERTIFICATES / LICENSES / REGISTRATION
This position requires possession of or the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professiona1journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Work is primarily performed in an office environment. Regularly required to sit. Regularly required use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms to handle objects and operate tools, computer, and/or controls. Required to speak and hear. Occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Exposed to general office noise with computers printers and light traffic.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!