|Published||April 1, 2023|
Multiple contract positions with federal client in Raleigh NC, Falls Church, VA
Must be a US Citizen or GC, able to clear the public clearance
- Location work will be performed: VAO145 - Falls Church , Job Title: IT - Cyber Security Specialist III (Cyber Threat Analyst)
- Location Remote support will be allowed for local (Raleigh NC) , Job Title: IT - Cyber Security Specialist III (Cyber Threat Analyst)
- Job Title: IT - Cyber Security Specialist III, Candidates must be currently located in the Falls Church VA area. Onsite support will be required. Job Description: Information System Security Operations Analyst (ISSO) Level III
- Location work will be performed: Remote support is authorized, but candidates must be local to the Raleigh NC area., Job Title: IT - Cyber Security Specialist III, Job Description: Sr. Security Engineer (End-point Protection
Full Job descriptions:
- And 2) Location work will be performed: VAO145 - Falls Church , Job Title: IT - Cyber Security Specialist III (Cyber Threat Analyst) Falls Church, VA or Raleigh, NC
Job Description: Cyber Threat Analyst III The Cybersecurity Operations Portfolio is in need of a Cyber Threat Analyst supporting its Threat Intelligence (TIU) program. The resource will be supporting TIU - Daily Operations. This resource will be working with the OPS: Threat Intelligence (TIU) team to Key Responsibilities*:
Must be able to:
- Implement a dynamic, advanced Risk-Based Alerting (RBA) security framework within Splunk
- Create and test detections written in advanced Splunk Programming Language (SPL)
- Perform analysis on hosts running on a variety of platforms and operating systems, to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Windows, UNIX, Linux, as well as embedded systems and mainframes.
- Perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources (e.g., individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, and intrusion detection system logs) to identify possible threats to network security.
- Leverage tools including Splunk, Tanium, FireEye suite as part of duties performing cyber incident response analysis.
- Act as an observer to Red Team penetration testing exercises and collaborating with Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC) • Correlate event or incident data to identify specific vulnerabilities and make recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
- Work with a diverse team of analysts in conducting incident triage, incident handling, and remediation. This position is expected to last through 01/00/1900.
- 5+ years experience with Splunk, MITRE ATT&CK Framework, Endpoint Security Services • Experience with host level scripting, eg. Powershell.
- Experience in working with one or more Cloud Platforms • Familiarity with cybersecurity operation center functions • Linux Administration and monitoring • Windows Administration and monitoring • Experience with Security framework and can interpret use cases into actionable monitoring solutions.
Strong working knowledge of:
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
- Network Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS).
- Host Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS).
- Network and Host malware detection and prevention.
- Network and Host forensic applications.
- Web/Email gateway security technologies.
- Log aggregation tools.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines • Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness • Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills • Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team
5-7 years of experience with security operations and incident response
Bachelor's OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required)
One or more of the following Certification(s): CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, RHCE.
Job Title: IT - Cyber Security Specialist III, Candidates must be currently located in the Falls Church VA area. Onsite support will be required.
Job Description: Information System Security Operations Analyst (ISSO) Level III
The CISO Risk Management Portfolio is in need of an ISSO supporting its Assessment and Authorization program at the Gatehouse location. The resource will be supporting the workstream “Execute the A&A Process and Improve Enterprise Risk Posture.
Looking for candidates who are engaged, energetic and have good communication skills. Candidates willing to help people on the IT side who don’t understand risk or computer security. Will be supporting, teaching and assisting IT in building in security or in mitigating vulnerabilities.
Assist with design and requirements for information systems; Assist in mentoring intermediate level employees; Serve as an Information Assurance Officer; Assist in preparing and maintaining Certification and Accreditation documentation; Ensure system configuration guidelines are followed and monitors system performance for compliance with IA requirements; Participate in risk assessments of information systems; Ensure necessary reporting is captured and maintained for evaluation; Ensure conformity of password policies and security counter measures; Implement or monitor Information Assurance (IA) safeguards; Assist in conducting tests of IA safeguards in accordance with test plans; perform system audits to assess security related factors for systems; Assist with or perform other IA tasks in consonance with Information Assurance Manager; Perform other information assurance or administrative tasks; and Handle personal, confidential and Privacy Act information in a professional manner.
9 to 12 years experience working as an Information Assurance Analyst for an information technology, information assurance, or information management program.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical specialty such as cyber security, computer science, management information systems or related IT field (Master's Degree Preferred)
CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required)
CompTIA Security+ CE, OR; Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), OR; ISC2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), OR; Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security and CISSP
Location work will be performed: Remote support is authorized, but candidates must be local to the Raleigh NC area., Job Title: IT - Cyber Security Specialist III, Job Description: Sr. Security Engineer (End-point Protection)
Job Description: Sr. Security Engineer (End-point Protection)
The ideal candidate will have engineering expertise as it relates to endpoint security technologies to include Antivirus: EDR/XDR, Symantec End-point Security Complete (SESC), and other industry end-point toolsets; preferably in a large organization.
Advanced experience of Windows domain, workstation platform, registry, protocols, etc. to include emerging platforms with mobility (iOS, Android) Ability to implement, configure, and utilize Symantec Antivirus features within Symantec Endpoint Security Complete to implement endpoint security Ability to utilize Symantec Cyber Defense Manager (CDM) for Endpoint and Enterprise protection Experience engineering computer builds/security policies Providing security guidance of technical engineering for endpoint environments, settings, policies, and design configurations Able to communicate complex issues to other engineers and work with other engineers and/or vendor to debug and/or change configuration to solve systemic configuration problems Self-motivated; must take ownership of issues Commitment to following through until complete resolution of problem Flexible; be able to adapt to changes in the work environment Ability to multitask Excellent written and oral communication skills Ability to find creative solutions to complex problems This individual must possess well-rounded technology experience in a distributed computing environment.
Candidate must have 3 – 7 years of relevant technology and infrastructure experience.
Project planning experience
Excellent writing skills
Windows, macOS, Linux iOS
Azure, Amazon, and Google Cloud
Microsoft office suite of applications
Apple IOS, Android, MDM services
Extensive experience (7+ years) in information security operations and/or related IT operational functions
Must possess a minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Information Security (Masters Degree preferred).
CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required)
-CompTIA Security +
-CPTE - Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker -Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
Additional Provisions for all positions:
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance • Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
- Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
- If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
- All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent residence status (Green Card).
- Candidate must have lived in the United States for the past 5 years.
- Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)
- provided by Dice