|Published||November 29, 2022|
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That's our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers-literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission-your opportunity-is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you're driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you're ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
You will be a Cyber Defense Software Engineer on a JPL mission and report administratively to a 394 Group Supervisor. You will lead mission systems development and operations efforts, such as mission operations systems, ground data systems, science operations systems, and spacecraft operations systems; integrating subsystems within mission systems.
You will Coordinate with your Lead in performing the following:
* Development and testing of cybersecurity mission operations processes and procedures
* Verification & Validation of mission-cybersecurity-scenario based testing
* Contributing to mission and line cybersecurity documentation
* Collaboration with project teams to meet cybersecurity success objectives
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or related technical subject area with at least 9 years of related experience; Master's degree with at least 7 years of related experience; PhD with at least 5 years of related experience.
* Expertise in Mission Systems and Operations.
* Expertise in the application of cybersecurity practices and principles
* Ability to conduct, manage and complete technical and organizational trades involving mission science returns, mission design and risk.
* Collaboration skills with all levels of institutional and operations personnel.
* Understanding of ground systems and their use in mission operations
* Strong communications skills including writing and reviewing technical operations documentation
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal and external program leadership, as well as subcontractor teams
* Understanding of JPL and DoD organizations.
* Knowledge of JPL and DoD policies and procedures, as well as government regulations across a range of applications.
* Ability to meet commitments to produce quality products within budget through prioritization.
* System engineering experience at the system and/or subsystem levels.
* Aerospace industry experience.
* Experience with a scripting language(s), preferably python or java script
* Strong analytical skills
JPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status or any other characteristic or condition protected by Federal, state or local law.
In addition, JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EEO is the Law.
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries or those born in a designated country unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available here.