|Date Posted||July 10, 2019|
The Cloud Cybersecurity Architect provides leadership and oversight to the delivery of security architect services to the company and its subsidiaries in the Information Technology (IT) environments. This role works with leaders in Technology Infrastructure, Internal Audit, Legal, Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Security, and other IT support areas. Additionally, this role will identify and lead initiatives to drive improved security operations and to improve the overall security posture and maturity of the organization. The technology disciplines include but are not limited to, innovation, security architecture, cloud security strategy, IT/OT security convergence, next generation security event monitoring, and penetration testing / security risk assessment services. This role will be focused on providing cloud cybersecurity architecture support to O365 and Digital Transformation efforts.
This role will be working side-by-side with the project managers and operational support teams, along with interfacing with governmental agencies for sharing of cybersecurity information and intelligence. This role will also be responsible for working with other groups to ensure that the implementation of security controls and technologies addresses the ever-changing and emerging cybersecurity threat landscape.
- Design and develop cybersecurity solutions for enterprise-wide systems and networks.
- Serve as a key technical interface to internal customers and perform liaison functions between leadership and the technical teams.
- Take complex issues and explain them simply to internal customers and leadership while also providing tailored recommendations on courses of action.
- Evaluate complex enterprise cybersecurity infrastructure and ensure the disparate components are well integrated, secure, and operating efficiently.
- Ensure system cybersecurity needs are established and maintained for operations.
- Develop cybersecurity requirements, perform security risk assessments, and perform systems analysis and systems design.
- Support cybersecurity test and evaluation, systems hardening, vulnerability testing and scanning.
- Support disaster recover, and business continuity planning.
- Provide analytical support for cybersecurity policy development and analysis.
Integrate architectural analysis of cybersecurity features as it relates to existing systems as well as future needs and trends.
- Position may also apply advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction.
- Works closely with Project Managers to fully understand technical requirements and recommend solutions.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of broad IT experience in information security, information systems, or related field of study, along with:
- 6+ years Cybersecurity related experience
- 2+ years working as a Cybersecurity Architect supporting a large enterprise IT system
- Strong understanding of cloud security requirements
- Experience in supporting large projects requiring highly-skilled and diverse integrated project teams to include multiple simultaneous activities
- Experience with the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and other standards frameworks
- Outstanding organizational and oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand new technologies and concepts
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Ability to provide detailed reporting
- CISSP and other security certifications i.e. CEH, ISSAP/ISSMP, CRISC, SANS
- Familiarity with building and designing enterprise security strategies and roadmaps
- Experience with cybersecurity technologies and advanced threat management solutions
- Experience with cloud, mobile, SIEM, and open source security technologies
- Experience integrating heterogeneous operational security technologies
- Experience with Enterprise Security Architecture
- Experience leading a Security Assessment / Red Team function
- Experience with product security vulnerability management, responsible disclosure, publishing CVEs, and experience working with security research community
- Must have strong problem solving and organization skills
- Must be able to build and maintain excellent relationships with the customer
- A self-starter with the ability to work with all levels of customer’s management with minimum direct supervision
- Must have strong presentation and communication skills; this is a critical requirement for this position. Candidate must be able to clearly communicate technical approaches and findings.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178