|January 24, 2023
Unit Description: Sodexo at University Hospitals has a great opportunity for a Clinical Systems Engineer- Cybersecurity located in Cleveland, OH.
Sodexo partnering with University Hospitals to provide comprehensive primary and community-based care - the kind of health care people need most - as well as access to the highest quality specialty care when necessary.
Today, University Hospitals is one of the nation's leading health care systems, providing patient-centered care that meets the highest standards for quality and patient safety and have received numerous awards and recognitions from some of the most prestigious institutions in the country for their leadership and exceptional patient outcomes.
The System's 1032-bed, tertiary medical center, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, is an affiliate of Case Western Reserve University. Included on UH's main campus are University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital, among the nation's best children's hospitals; and University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center, part of National Cancer Institute-designated Case Comprehensive Cancer Center at Case Western Reserve University (the nation's highest designation).
Typical Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong Analytical Ability - aggregation of complex data sets, sorting of data into logical segments, identification of relevant data trends, summary of findings, executive-level display of data insights
- Translation of Data into Strategy - ability to develop core components of a robust strategy with minimal direction, connection of data evidence & outcomes to progress towards a defined goals, adjust strategy based on data, identify opportunities for improvement or pivot
- Strong Understanding of Clinical Workflows - ability to identify impact of a change on patient safety, risk, and/or delivery of patient care including the efficient use of medical technologies, common challenges and risks in the clinical environment, understanding of infection control and safety protocols in the clinical environment, some understanding of key clinical metrics.
- Software and Server Management - knowledge and experience with hands-on management of highly technical and sensitive hardware and software used to support the delivery of patient care, includes the daily management of key components to ensure high uptime and availability, some experience with the triage and troubleshooting of highly technical scenarios, some ability to oversee the response to both planned and unplanned downtime of key components
- Change Management - ability to engage stakeholders proactively to plan for change, ability to monitor progress and identify red-flags, ability to empathize and support stakeholder response to change, ability to promote positive outcomes and benefits of change
- Manages Ambiguity
- Drives Results
- Optimizes Work Processes
Preferred Qualifications (But, not required):
- MS degree preferred
- Certification in Clinical Engineering (CCE) or comparable HTM certification preferred
- Cybersecurity or IT Certifications Preferred, such as: CISSP, HCISSP, CISM, CISA
Is this opportunity right for you?
Working in Healthcare Technology Management for Sodexo, you will partner with our Healthcare clients to manage their clinical technology needs. Together, we provide leadership and expertise for their business, patients, residents and the staff who care for them. At Sodexo, we improve the Quality of Life of all those we serve. If you share these values, apply today!
Please learn more about University Hospitals at:
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment at Sodexo, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we have HTM positions at numerous client locations across the United States. Continue your search for HTM jobs
What We Offer: Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Position Summary: Leads the design and management of highly complex technology solutions for multiple hospitals within an account that incorporate clinical, operational, and technical requirements. Applies systems engineering principles to solve problems and protect the organization from risks in real-time. Leverages deep expertise in clinical workflows, medical technology, IT, and cybersecurity to advise technology decisions that ensure optimal patient safety and business outcomes. Is primarily responsible for leading cybersecurity initiatives and management of cybersecurity tools.
Technical Support - 60%
- Advises hospital on highly technical and specialized new product selection including on technical, functional, and cybersecurity features to meet strategic objectives
- Supports highly complex projects to expand connectivity of medical devices to the hospital network
- Leads Quality Testing for accuracy and completeness of critical data elements in the asset inventory
- Leads specialized management of the IoT Security Solution including review of alerts and development of remediation plans
- Builds advanced remediation plans for security alerts and incidents in alignment with enterprise & device manufacturer guidance
- Builds advanced strategy for planned security patching of medical devices in alignment with enterprise strategy
- Leads urgent and high-visibility cybersecurity activities such as response to zero-day vulnerability
- Performs Business Impact Assessments (BIAs) to understand impact of technology projects and cybersecurity controls
- Leads Risk Assessment for assets and overall HTM portfolio for the hospital
- Leads upload & management of collected critical data elements in the asset inventory
- Stays current on emerging technologies and advises on technology innovation initiatives or evaluations
Program Support - 20%
- Leads the collection and management of program performance data for leadership reporting
- Supports stakeholder management as cybersecurity and process SME
- Advises on change management needed to implement cybersecurity strategy
- Supports cybersecurity audit activities in alignment with enterprise strategy & audits
- Supports hospital audits or surveys requiring cybersecurity input, including HIPAA and JCO
Training - 10%
- Supports HTM cybersecurity education & awareness for hospital leadership as needed
- Support HTM cybersecurity education & awareness for HTM teams
- Participates in industry cybersecurity workgroups and forums as representative of Sodexo
- Completes mandatory technical and non-technical training
Regulatory and Compliance - 10%
- Supports the completion of local cybersecurity audits using enterprise cybersecurity guidelines
- Advises on hospital audits involving cybersecurity, including HIPAA and Joint Commission
- Advises on enterprise cybersecurity audits in alignment with enterprise leadership
- Leads completion of remediation plans within a timely manner
Qualifications & Requirements: Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience: 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.