|Published||January 15, 2022|
|Location||Kennett Square, PA|
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Exelon seeks a highly experienced cybersecurity and privacy attorney to join our corporate legal team. The Assistant General Counsel – Corporate & Commercial (Cybersecurity and Privacy) will provide contractual and commercial legal advice to our business units on cybersecurity and privacy issues including NERC compliance, privacy rights, data protection, security incident response, and governmental cyber initiatives and programs. This attorney will handle matters of very substantial legal and policy importance, interface with company management and teams at all levels, assess vendor risk management and represent the company in contracting with third party and governmental entities. The position requires coordination with business stakeholders and members of the Legal, Compliance and Security departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performs as a specialist providing expert contractual and commercial legal counsel to Exelon and its Business Units – including all levels of management – in connection with federal and state cybersecurity and privacy law including NERC compliance, privacy rights, data protection, and governmental cyber initiatives and programs.
- Resolve security and compliance related contracting issues arising during transactions. Support vendor-related security or compliance incident response in coordination with Security, Compliance, Litigation and other key stakeholders.
- Participate in and leverage legal cyber and privacy contracting-related initiatives sponsored by utility industry trade associations that benefit Exelon’s security and business objectives.
- Under little or no supervision: (i) plans, conducts and supervises large and highly complex legal assignments; (ii) evaluates legal and business risks and advises clients; accordingly, and (iii) represents Exelon in transactions, contracting and other relevant matters.
- Oversees and manages work of a contract administrator reporting to this position.
- Provides lead direction and/or project leadership direction to less experienced attorneys and support staff.
- Oversees outside counsel, prepares early matter assessments, and manages budgets for all matters involving outside counsel.
- Projects / duties as assigned.
- Manages relationships and matters with Business Units and outside counsel.
- Demonstrates superior legal judgment in the business context; anticipates and understands trends in relevant areas of law and policy; and provides strategic thinking and counsel to meet company objectives.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to work in stressful conditions under time deadlines.
- An LLB or JD from an accredited law school and be licensed to practice law in the relevant jurisdictions.
- At least 10 years of professional experience with at least 5 years focused on commercial and contractual matters related to cybersecurity and/or privacy law, including current knowledge of legal developments and trends in this area.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of cybersecurity and/or privacy law to the completion of complex assignments.
- Excellent legal research, analytical, and written and oral communication skills
- Advanced training in cybersecurity and/or privacy law.
- Knowledge of NERC and NERC CIP rules.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor