|Published||November 28, 2022|
|Location||Sterling Heights, MI|
Position Requirements (Candidates will be considered on the aggregate of the position requirements, it is not required that candidates possess experience in all categories):
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering, related science or equivalent (Relevant cyber technical certificates and management credentials will be considered)
* Minimum of 10-15 years' experience
* Experience in managing direct reports, and an awareness of how to proactively retain employees in a highly competitive environment
* Experience leading engineering and/or military projects (Project Management)
* Ideal candidate will be able to describe situations in which they demonstrated leadership through challenging circumstances
* Experience in developing organizations and recruiting niche talent
* Experience leading teams in technical development projects
* Experience in military vehicle development and integration
* Experience in interpreting higher level customer requirements and flowing them down to technology areas
* Experience in developing and managing system level (cybersecurity) requirements
* Familiarity with various electrical line replaceable units and the development and troubleshooting of electronic hardware
* Experience with cyber warfare, offensive and/or defensive
* Experience with embedded systems, automotive and military related
* Experience with software and computer science principles
* Familiarity with cyber physical system security requirements
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
* Currently possess a Secret clearance, and currently has or the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
* US Citizenship required
* Ability to travel (mostly domestic, some international) up to 15%
* Must satisfy Anthropometric Size Restrictions for access to military vehicles and be able to climb on vehicles and pass through hatches
General Dynamics Land Systems Offers:
* This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus of $5,000
* Robust Total Rewards program, including: competitive base pay, incentive pay that rewards individual and team performance, and comprehensive benefits
* 401k Match (6%)
* Tuition Assistance
* 9-80 Work Schedule (This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.)
* On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
* Onsite Cafeteria, Remodeled with new equipment Fitness Center, and Outdoor fitness track
Area Manager - Platform Cybersecurity Engineering
The function of this position is to manage the platform cybersecurity area with responsibility for Cybersecurity architecture, technology, evaluation, testing and compliance across the US market and in support of cyber products and services for Ground Combat Platforms. The Platform Cybersecurity Area Manager will be responsible for continuing to build out this organization within GDLS in partnership with engineering functional leadership, inclusive of direct leadership from the Cyber, C4ISR, and BMS Manager. This is an engineering management position to broadly execute guidance from platform Chief Engineer, Systems Engineering Manager, and functional management. The following are the key duties and skills required:
* Manage a functional section to support the planning, execution, and coordination development tasks during the design phase and physical and functional integration and test activities during the implementation phase.
* Manage the identification, development and implementation of platform cyber-physical design best practices, tools and education across the entire engineering enterprise. This will be done with a cross-functional team of engineering and program disciplines and form the basis for developing a cybersecurity culture within the engineering organization.
* Participate in and lead design and integration troubleshooting/Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) and problem report/test incident resolution for production, development, test, or modification projects.
* Develop and manage System and sub-system requirements and interface allocations including Performance and Space, weight and Power-Cooling, Reliability and Maintenance SWaP-CRaM), NIST Security Control allocation, and enforce across the design team; develop system specification requirements compliance documentation.
* Manage and coordinate requirements, architectures and system designs and any changes, conditions, inputs and final resolution for requirements, trades, and alternatives
* Manage, develop, support and conduct trade studies/structured decisions for system and subsystem design including system-level impacts to include balance of space, weight, power, cost, reliability, and performance to ensure vehicle cybersecurity.
* Oversee development of cybersecurity test plans and manage their execution from prototype through production phases of system development lifecycle.
* Oversee development of checkpoint and design milestone artifacts and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs) and review to ensure technical accuracy and compliance with contract requirements.
* Coordinate with platform Design Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) where interface is required, such as in threat analysis, interface development and requirements decomposition and compliance.
* Evaluate new Cybersecurity technologies for potential use on GDLS products, work to develop relationships with potential technology providers and coordinate non-disclosure agreements.
* Manage and participate in peer reviews.