|Date Posted||December 2, 2020|
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Architect Cyber Security is a senior leadership role in Enterprise Architecture Organization. This role will have a broad array of responsibilities across Business Architecture, Application Architecture, Data Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture, and Security Architecture disciplines and leads enterprise wide initiatives. The position will serve as the solutions security architect for critical Information Technology and business sponsored projects. This position will consult with the business, external researchers, vendors and be seen as a thought leader in the industry. The information security architecture must be clearly documented so that it will serve as a roadmap for I.T and it must be clearly communicated to executive leaders to ensure support and funding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Informs strategy and product level roadmap around security features in aiding the thinking around end-end scope for the product
- Proactively work with product manager, enterprise architect, architect lead, and security team to identify architectural solution blueprints needed for solution build, manage the commitment and timeline
- Drive the creation and validation of non-functional requirements concerning items such as consistency, performance, security, resiliency etc
- Own threat models and solution blueprints that provide end-end architecture for the security use cases of the solution. Maintains the blueprint but also responsible for working towards making vendor recommendations, providing candidate solutions and allowing the adoption of the best solution that will meet the program needs but also be aligned with the overall enterprise goals and IT Security policy.
- Create Security Solution blueprints that covers both code and configuration bits including channel front end, services layer design, backend systems/store design and platform enabling capabilities
- Lead review of design and assessing the feasibility of implementation and recommending options, constraints and alternatives to product team
- Publishes IAM Architecture roadmaps laying out the technical capabilities and mapping it back to the outcome and project execution timeline
- Liaison with other architects to understand the integration scenarios and provide solutions to the cross-program blueprint level dependency analysis
- Responsible for reviewing the proposed solution blueprints with Engineering Lead and Product Manager prior to implementation
- Leads creating the review material for presentation to architecture review board (ARB) where required and get closure on the solution path to be undertaken for implementation
- Leads PoC's where necessary to prove solution direction in coordination with product and engineering lead around resource capacity and priority
- Providing collaborative support towards implementation efforts - with engineering team, platform team, QA team and so on, by providing Q&A and offering help to the build team where necessary
- Conducts periodic implementation review to examine whether the solution aligns with the blueprint level architecture and suggest remediation/correction actions necessary within sprint or PI
- Help examine recurring issues to identify underlying gaps in architecture or implementation and coming up with suggestive remediate list for engineering teams to review and implement
- Collaborate in designing deployment solution in coordination with DevOps team
- Maintain a collective portfolio level documentation of solution blueprints that express the makeup of the program (as built over several sprints and increments) and the solution's continuous alignment to enterprise architecture standards
- Identify opportunities for improvement in any area, whether it be people, process or technology (within or in the adjacent scopes) of the program in an ongoing manner
- Leads discussions on future trends, methodologies and processes of platform architecture throughout the enterprise
- Creates or introduces new methodologies and approaches to develop platform architecture
- Designs training programs to improve the technical ability of platform architects and evaluates the effectiveness of this program on a regular basis
- Develops strategies for platform architecture; ensures that these strategies align with business requirements
- Establishes best practices, processes and standards in platform architecture for one's own department and throughout the organization.
- Consults on complex issues in platform architecture design for the entire organization
- Develops software technology platforms that are in-line with stated architectural principles and product requirements.
- Plays a leadership role in establishing software principles, blueprints and standards
- Provides insight into the design, implementation and support of a multi-platform infrastructure
- Publishes and promotes best practices for effective use of software technology and services
- Elaborates on key features and considerations within global software infrastructure
- Structures and delivers training programs to the team for planning and executing major platform changes or migrations
- Consults with others on system and/or technology integration efforts
- Monitors system and technology integration trends and directions
- Designs complex interfaces, integration strategies and plans
- Demonstrates extensive experience with system and technology integration
- Plays a leadership role in defining systems integration processes and practices
- Advocates for process reviews in on-going IT projects or services under defined IT policies
- Monitors organizational and functional adherence to IT policies and procedures when addressing risk management
- Leads discussions and answers complex questions regarding cross-functional IT policies and standards
- Contributes to the establishment and use of best practices in IT policies, standards and procedures
- Creates criteria to measure the effectiveness of IT policies, standards and procedures
- Forecasts technological industry trends and potential risks in the implementation of defined IT policies, standards and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring the following backlogs are maintained in JIRA
- Active backlog for work to be performed within Increment, with dependent engineering or infrastructure tasks where possible (short range planning)
- Future backlog for work to be performed now to enable future Increments (long range planning)
- Review backlog for remediation work discovered by architects in current sprints so as to further allow the engineering teams to validate and improve the quality of work delivered
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor's or Masters in Computer Science/Engineering or related disciplines.
- 8+ years of experience with a wide variety of security platforms both on-premises and on Cloud such as AWS, AZURE
- 5+ years of experience of designing, and architechting IAM stacks including Saviynt, Forgerock, Symantec MFA, and other similar products..
- CISSP or CISM certifications highly desired
- Deep expertise with data model design including traditional RDBMS, Document NoSQL, Wide-column NoSQL, Key-Value Database, conversion of relational data models to NoSQL data models.
- Expert in understanding the Consistency, Availability, and Partitioning (CAP) capabilities of SQL and NoSQL databases and experience with tuning Consistency capabilities of Eventually consistent No SQL Databases.
- Strong experience with architecting and delivering data and Big data platforms capabilities such as database Clustering, Replication, Disaster Recovery, Ship to Shore data replication, resiliency, maintaining data integrity.
- Hands on experience with large scale package implementations like Siebel CRM, PeopleSoft.
- Deep experience with data ER modeling and mapping the ER model to SQL and No SQL models including Cassandra, Couch DB, Relational DBs.
- Extensive experience data platform high availability design both on-premises and on cloud.
- Broad experience with performance tuning on traditional RDBMS and NoSQL platforms. in a large enterprise.
- Experience with application middleware technologies family of products is a plus
- Architecture and design experience with platform implementations across Business, Application, Data, and Platform architecture.
- In depth knowledge in Data Ingestion, Data pipeline design for extracting,transforming data from heterogeneous data sources to a target state architecture data source.
- Platform design and implementation experience with projects that encompass digital, webservices, microservices, API gateways etc.
- Experience with docker/container platforms that includes Kubernetes, Mesosphere, etc.
- Experience in administering messaging solutions that include IBM MQ, Tibco EMS, Confluent Kafka, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, UNIX, Windows operating systems and virtualization technologies
- Experience with middleware clustering and load balancing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP
- Proficiency in project estimations, capacity planning, availability planning and performance
- Documentation and development of processes and procedures.
- Experienced in managing 100+ applications.
- Automation and Scripting experience that includes UNIX/Linux shell, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins
- Experience with Architecture frameworks like Zachman, FEA, TOGAF, MODAF/DODAF
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.