|Date Posted||September 10, 2021|
Location Name: Various, Various
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: Various, Various, Various, United States (US), Various
Education Level: Bachelor's Desired
Relevant Experience Level: Entry Level (1-3 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
The successful candidate will assist in providing guidance and recommendations to improve the IT Data Protection and Privacy program and facilitate program elements. The Cybersecurity Analyst works closely with business partners, including HR, Legal, IT Analytics, and various IT process owners, ensuring appropriate requirements are gathered for data discovery, classification, protection, and reporting. The role will support the implementation and governance management activities to maintain the Data Protection and Privacy program.
This position is a part of a job family with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Support the implementation of the Privacy Program and Data Protection Governance initiatives.
- Track and monitor assigned activities from reception through completion.
- Consolidate and report compliance metrics to management.
- Interact closely with HR, Legal, Corporate Services, Cybersecurity, Infrastructure, and Data Analytics teams for Data Protection Governance.
- Evaluate current standards and propose updates to enhance Data Protection.
- Identify and propose cybersecurity and IT program improvements to strengthen existing defenses.
- Lead the enforcement of data protection policies with Cybersecurity tooling
- Provide support of privacy-related requirements from states, national, and international laws.
- Identify proposed changes to policies, standards, and procedures to ensure adequate IT and cybersecurity controls are sustained for data protection purposes.
- Solve complex problems and takes a broad perspective to identify solutions.
- Prioritization and agility to work in a continuously changing environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel as needed (less than 25%).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field (Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Information Systems Security, Electrical Engineering, Physical Sciences, Paralegal Studies), or equivalent experience.
- Professional and/or academic exposure to Legal and/or IT, including but not limited to system administration, data protection, exposure to privacy program management, or professional experience in a cybersecurity role supporting privacy.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand new technologies and concepts.
- Ability to apply project management techniques to successfully organize tasks and initiatives.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Certifications such as CIPP, CIPT, CISM, CISA, GSEC, CISSP desired.
- Building Partnerships: Developing and leveraging relationships within and across workgroups to achieve results.
- Continuous Improvement: Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
- Driving for Results: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 25%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.