|Date Posted||October 9, 2018|
Job Description The Cyber Security Analyst will be supporting the Trident submarine logistics team for BAE Systems. While the position is based in Mechanicsburg, PA, the successful candidate may also be tasked with remotely supporting the logistics projects in Rockville, MD and Kings Bay, GA.
Duties will include reviewing and writing cybersecurity polices, conducting vulnerability scans, configuring Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems, maintaining Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) compliance and various other cybersecurity duties.
Minimal travel may be required.
Typical Education & Experience Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
- BS + 4 years related professional work experience
- Ability to work in a team environment, or independently
- Understanding of cybersecurity and security engineering principles
- Knowledgeable of best practices when implementing security controls
- Must have experience in following documented operating procedures as well as the ability to create and maintain documentation of systems
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with analyzing data for discrepancies
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience in the UNIX operating system (scripting a plus)
- Experience with Configuration Management
- Ability to troubleshoot network connection issues
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 Quality Management principles
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system (for example Splunk) experience
- DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Possess cybersecurity background and training consistent with DoDI 8570.01 Level II (e.g., Security+, GSEC or CISSP)
- Familiarity with DoD Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs)
- Familiarity with NIST SP 800-171 or NIST SP 800-53
- Active Secret clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.