|Date Posted||February 13, 2018|
Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a driven, flexible, and experienced Senior Cyber Security Analyst to lead a Cyber Security team in support of overall Security Operations. This position is charged with leading a small team of Security Analysts as a part of a Security Operations Center (SOC) in-support of a Government customer.Typical Education & Experience Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education Required Duties:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Lead 24x7 Tier 2 Security Analysis team in employing strategy, standards, processes and technology to detect, respond, and recover from security incidents and to limit the impact of any such occurrence or reoccurrence by using risk-based triage.
- Manage the Tier 2 shift schedule
- Serve as a cyber security expert in network or application design, operating systems, endpoint protection, mobile devices, and foundational InfoSec technical controls. Help project teams comply with InfoSec policies, industry regulations, and best practices.
- Contribute to forensic investigations/analysis, including collaboration with internal and external agencies and offices, as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of all aspects of information security and compliance, including PCI, FISMA, and HIPAA requirements for information systems and industry best practices; such as, NIST 800- 53, 800-171.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Relevant industry-recognized certification (CISSP, CEH, GIAC, Security+, GSEC, etc.)
- Five (5) or more years of Information Security experience.
- Experience with networking protocols (TCP/IP), network apps and services, packet sniffers, DLP, and understanding network security issues.
- Experience in log file and memory analysis/triage.
- Experience with Host/System security including identifying, analyzing and mitigating security vulnerabilities and weaknesses (malicious code, implementation flaws, hardening, etc.).
- Experience identifying intruder techniques (new vulnerability, attack vectors, exploits, etc.).
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems.
- Experience maintaining incident records (writing threat and risk assessments).
- Experience communicating conceptual and technical information both verbally (on phone, one- on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, external clients).
- Experience with projects or issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Advanced Cyber Security Certification (GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, CISSP, CISM, etc.)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.