|Date Posted||February 9, 2018|
The entry level SOC Alarm Monitor role is primarily responsible for the monitoring and analysis of enterprise information systems infrastructures at the network, host and application level.
This is a PART TIME Cyber Alarm Monitor role, working approx. 24 hours, over the weekend; the regular schedule is Saturday and Sunday 7:00 am - 7:00 pm.
Dunbar Security Operations Center
235 Schilling Circle Suite 109
Hunt Valley, MD 21031
$15.00 / hour
• Analyze and respond to security threats from Firewall (FW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Antivirus (AV), Network Access Control (NAC) and other security threat data sources
• Use strong TCP/IP networking skills to perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems
• Respond to inbound requests via phone and other electronic means for technical assistance with managed services
• Respond in a timely manner (within documented SLA) to support, threat and other cases
• Document actions in cases to effectively communicate information internally and to customers
• Respond to needs and questions of customers concerning their access to network resources through their managed device.
• Adhere to policies, procedures, and security practices
• Resolve problems independently and understand escalation procedure
• Experience: Minimum 0-2 years of experience working in the Information Security or Networking experience
• Education: recently graduated or preparing to graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT, CIS, Cyber Security or related fields
• Must be willing to work alternate shifts
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Passion for information security and data security
• Practical experience with TCP/IP networking
• Experience with Linux, Windows and Network Operating Systems
• Working knowledge of Routing and Access Control Devices
• Strong written/verbal communication skills
• Detail oriented with strong customer service skills
• Strong interpersonal and organization skills
• Take responsibility for customer satisfaction and overall success of managed services
• Interface with a variety of customers in a polite, positive, and professional manner
Dunbar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, disability, veteran or other protected status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.