|Location||San Jose, CA|
|Date Posted||February 10, 2018|
Job Description BAE Systems has an opening for a Cyber Security Engineering Intern to support our Combat Vehicles program at our San Jose offices. Help us to protect those who protect us. Position is full time for the Summer 2018.
Systems Engineering Intern to work in multi-disciplinary team environment performing cybersecurity engineering tasks on embedded systems for military vehicle development programs.
Analyze cyber security requirements and controls, support development of risk mitigation plan for vulnerability, and support cybersecurity certification test and evaluation efforts for vehicle systems.
Research and investigate the latest cybersecurity tools such as preventive, hacking, and scanning tools.
Perform network scans with the existing network scanning tools.
Actively participate in cyber security working group that is dedicated to mentoring and knowledge sharing among cyber security engineers within the organization. Typical Education & Experience Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, or other closely related field of study, with cyber security coursework. Must have completed at least 90 total credits of undergraduate coursework.Required Skills and Education - Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environment
- Systems thinking skills (i.e., ability to work at detailed level but understand system level implications)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand vehicle electronics architecture diagrams
- Experience with Software languages: C, C++, Java, Python Preferred Skills and Education - Linux Operating System (OS) and scripting
- Experience working with embedded systems
- Cybersecurity-related projects or extra-curricular activities
- Familiarity with Department of Defense (DoD) / Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes
- Currently pursuing a Master's degreeAbout BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression