|Location||San Jose, CA|
|Date Posted||February 10, 2018|
Job Description BAE Systems has an opening for an Embedded Systems Security Engineer (RMF/DOD) to support our Combat Vehicles Business Unit preferably in San Jose, CA but other sites will be considered.
• Lead and support cyber security tasks in support of Bradley, AMPV and other Combat Vehicles to include embedded vehicle cyber security implementation, testing and mitigating issues from testing, etc.
• Supports cyber security strategy, developing compliant solution, analyzing cyber security requirements and controls, developing risk mitigation plan for vulnerability, and supporting certification and evaluation effort.
• Coordinates and holds meetings with various functional group engineering representatives (Electrical, System, Software, Logistics, Configuration Management, etc).
• Develop and design cyber security architecture, communicate with customers, peers, subcontractors, management for status, etc.
• Lead and mentor other Cyber Security Interns/Employees as required.
• Other duties as assigned by Management.
Typical Education & Experience Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
• Must Be a US Citizen
• Familiar with the Risk Management Framework(RMF) process
• Familiar with the Department of Defense Information Assurance/Cyber Security requirement and certification process
• Embedded Cyber Security Implementation
• Platform Cyber Security experience
• Vehicle Architecture or Computer Architecture experience
• Software language experience required: C, C++, Java, Python
• Be able to apply the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) controls and policies, and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to the system design and implementation
• Understand or have working knowledge of Cross Domain Solution
• Experience in developing IA/Cyber Security requirements and ICDs for Cross Domain message filters
• Familiar with Cyber security tools such as Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), Network Mapper (NMAP), Fortify, etc.
• Ability to lead and mentor other BAE Employees/Interns
• Excellent oral and written communication skillsPreferred Skills and Education
• Operating system preference is Linux scripting
• Experience with military vehicle systems is preferred.
• Be able to read and understand vehicle electronics (vetronics) architecture diagrams and develop detailed IA architecture diagrams
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP) or Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression