|Date Posted||March 7, 2019|
Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required or equivalent experience.
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS LEADING INTO THIS:
- Knowledge of network topologies, layered security architectures & designs, network based security, host based protection, anti-virus, and security management
- Familiar with configuring Network devices (Cisco, Juniper)
- Knowledge of Windows (i.e. 10, server 2012), RHEL Linux, Palo Alto, McAfee network security products and systems
- Experienced with Risk Management Framework (RMF) vulnerability assessments, artifact collection, analysis, and risk
- Supported patch management, system hardening, and verification of STIG compliance for of OSs (i.e. Windows 2012, Windows 10, and Linux operating systems), applications, and Microsoft Office products.
- Verified STIG compliance of network firewalls and internal/external routing & switching
- Hands-on experience with ACAS-NESSUS & SCAP scans and analysis, STIG CKLs, SCC benchmarks, Vulnerator
A Security+ or CISSP certification is required.
Travel: Must be able to travel 20% of the time.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Cybersecurity Systems Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Support the system security design effort, security requirements analysis, and security requirements flow down to the program elements.
- Review system design documentation and test the security requirements during system development in a sprint environment.
- Support the development of security documentation, including items such as security plans, contingency plans, and security tests plans and procedures in compliance with the IA policy.
- Configure and test IA equipment including securing and managing complex data networks.
- Perform CyberSecurity (CS) system assessments, develop related test plan requirements, analyze results, gather evidence and generate the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) or Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documentation under the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Develop verification methods for security requirements and controls, execute tests and scans with security assessment tools, analyze test results, and prepare test reports (e.g., DISA SCAP SCC and ACAS NESSUS scans).
- Review IAVA and STIG assessment results, recommend corrective actions to address vulnerabilities, and manage the plan of action and milestones (POAM) finding closure actions with the stakeholders.
- Develop assessment efficiencies through automation tools, processes, and script.
- Support the assessment and mitigation of system security threats and risks throughout the program life cycle
- Contribute to the completion of major programs and projects with the execution of the system security activities.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Work effectively in a fast-paced highly collaborative cyber defense team environment.
- Engineer with advanced cyber security technology, trends, security architectures, systems, and components.
- Support the development of Cyber Security systems and communicate with excellent written and verbal skills the Cyber Security designs, implementations, and related issues.
- Learn new concepts, products and technologies continuously on the job.
- Work with limited direct supervision.
- Use sound systems security engineering concepts, principles, and theories.
- Troubleshoot and solve complex problems with high proficiency.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of at least one adjacent discipline (networking, software, systems, etc.)
- Apply cyber security specifications such as Risk Management Framework (RMF), STIGs and other government security specifications and guidelines.
- Participate in security working groups.
- Communicate with project leaders and other professionals within the Engineering department and with project teams.
- Contribute to the achievement of business objectives.
- Use all Microsoft Office applications with ease.
Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering, Cyber-Security/Information Assurance, Computer Science, Systems engineering, Network Engineering, or a related specialized area or field is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran