|Location||Patuxent River, MD|
|Date Posted||April 9, 2019|
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assisting with the elicitation and analysis of security requirements
• Helping to define system security requirements, including but not limited to the authorization boundary, data flows, security domains, classification of data, etc.
• Aiding in the documentation of the security interfaces, security interconnections, and the trust relationship between system components and external systems
• May be required to travel
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS REQUIRED:
• BS in relevant technical discipline strongly preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience considered
• Experience in cybersecurity engineering
• Requires the application of complex, technical professional disciplines requiring applied use of related concepts, practices, and methods
• Requires an introductory level of proficiency to apply broad knowledge and experience
• Requires technical skills
• Requires communication, analytical and problem solving skills, and short-term and long-term planning skills
• Active SECRET clearance -- or meet DoD clearance eligibility requirements
• Certifications to include: CompTIA Security+, CAP, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), CISSP, OSCP, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), CompTIA A+, Network+, or Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA-Security). Other DoD Cyber Security Workforce (CSWF) Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level I, NIST Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) or applicable business sector equivalent certifications may be accepted with computing environment training
• Knowledge of the following areas: Security Technology Implementation Guides (STIGs), Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled