|Location||Joint Base Andrews, MD|
|Date Posted||February 9, 2019|
WANTED:A mission-driven professional with an RMF background andActive Secret clearance to become our next Security Engineer at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland. The candidate will support our ANG contract.
As a Security Engineer you will:
- Provide critical support in protecting our country
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals who have the desire for success and a relentless interest in providing a positive customer experience to complement a cohesive team of IT professionals.
- Continue growing and perfecting your RMF and security skills.
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
A week in the life of a Security Engineer:
- Contribute on a team of four Cyber Security engineers at Joint Base Andrews and work independently, demonstrate excellent problem-solving abilities, be well organized, flexible, and self-motivated.
- Maintain Authority to Operate (ATO) compliance for all Risk Management Framework (RMF) packages.
- Investigate, contain and report all Classified Message Incidents (CMIs).
- Adhere to all DoD, Air Force and NIST 800 guidance policies and regulations pertaining to cyber security related matters.
- Prepare TEMPEST packages for all areas that process Classified information per guidance AF AFSSI 7702
- Conduct vulnerability scans via the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) for all assets on the AF network (i.e. work stations, server, switches, and routers).
- Play vital role in all incident response procedures, including steps to minimize the impact and then conducting a technical and report summary on how the breach happened and the extent of the damage.
- Provide guidance, awareness and training to Cyber security Liaisons regarding all matters customers via CIPS, Remedy and/or emails.
- Follow all REMSEC policy and procedures that deal with the sanitization of Classified and Unclassified devices.
- Recommends information assurance/security solutions to the ANGRC campus to support customers requirements.
- Conduct SCAP / STIG Viewer scans for STIG compliance checks on all applicable ANGRC assets.
- Develop process and procedures for all day to day operations.
- Maintain DoD 8570 status for all users identified on the Unit Manning Document (UMD) and DMDC records to ensure required users are compliant.
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine and TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com