|Date Posted||January 5, 2019|
Leidos Spatial Solutions has a need for a Senior Cyber Security Engineer to support an IC customer Program. The Cyber Security Engineer works with internal team members to ensure the systems are functional, secure, and scalable. The systems and networks documentation and services developed will be used to collect and process data and improve the programs security infrastructure. The Security Engineer will engineer design and develop cyber security technology along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks. The Cyber Security Engineer will need to be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner.
- Address system-of-system architectural needs by drilling through all layers of embedded security within the given WAN / LAN architecture.
- Lead multi-disciplined teams in the design and implementation of the cyber security system architecture.
- Produce cyber security architectural artifacts. Provide architectural analysis of cyber security
features and existing system related to future needs and trends.
- Reviews and provides input to system requirements based on cyber security posture.
- Compiles industry best practices and lessons learned into future iterations and new designs.
- Supports the Engineering Review Board by evaluating artifacts for architectural compliance.
- Provides broad based experience in the systems engineering lifecycle and apply the experience to
specific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design and development.
- Resolves architecture implementation issues during integration and test.
- Advise and assist team members to deploy and configure collection services and tools
- Work with team members to move data to the appropriate data stores
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
- Must possess and maintain a TS//SCI Security Clearance w/ability to obtain Poly
- Requires BS in Engineering (or a related discipline) and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience..
- TIA Security+ or other DoD 8570 compliant training
- Experience with ArcGIS automation
- Team Collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, Hipchat/RocketChat/Mattermost)
- Experience with cloud-based architectures
- Experience with Engineering Review Boards and Change Management