|Date Posted||March 22, 2019|
The duties/responsibilities of the Cyber Security Specialist may include, but are not limited to:
- Support of Certification and Accreditation (C&A) or other IA/CND Compliance and Auditing processes and inspections for all enterprise systems and networks
- Ensure validity and accuracy review of all associated documentation
- Compliance reviews of computer security plans, performs risk assessments, and validates and performs security test evaluations and audits
- Analyze and define security requirements for information protection for enterprise systems and networks
- Assist in the development of security policies
- Analyze the sensitivity of information and performs vulnerability and risk assessments on the basis of defined sensitivity and information flow
Assist the system owners with review and determination of:
- Applicable Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- RMF Controls
- Determination of Army Golden Master applicability
- Determination of NetOps capability
- Determination of ports, protocol, and system (PPS) usage
The selected candidate must possess a knowledge of cyber/IA and all aspects of DoD and Army C&A.
This position's main technology emphasis should be:
- Hands-on experience with DoD and Army C&A processes
- Extensive knowledge of DoD and Army policy guidance
- Familiarity with industry-standard cyber/IA tools
- Knowledge of IAVM compliancy techniques
- Ability to conduct validation of cyber/IA Controls
- Ability and willingness to develop and implement Standard Operation Procedures (SOP), COOP, configurations, and other documentation as required
A working knowledge of the Army's implementation of the Risk Management Framework is highly desirable.
This position requires a Bachelors degree with 4 years of experience or an Associates with 8 years of related experience. IAT Level II certification is required.
This position requires a Secret level Security Clearance.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be a U.S. citizen. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must possess an IAT Level III professional certification in accordance with DODI 8570.01m. The minimum of an active interim Secret or Secret level DoD security clearance is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>