|Date Posted||January 12, 2019|
BAE Systems is looking for a dynamic individual, self-motivated, preferably with cybersecurity/vulnerability background centered on Department of Defense weapon systems and capabilities to join our NATO SEASPARROW Project Office (NSPO) Team located in Arlington, VA.
Support may include analysis to streamline information flow, create and improve business processes, and provide improved cybersecurity language requirements documentation for Department of Defense weapon systems and capabilities. Support program efforts to maintain system certifications and ensure current Authorization to Operate (ATOs) remain in place. Duties may require periodic travel.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting technical security assessments for system owners using a variety of assessment types, including goal-focused exploitation, identification of realistic risks, and communication of findings and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Managing the scanning program, including C&A`s and continual internal / external vulnerability scanning.
- Coordinating with system owners in the resolution of the identified vulnerabilities.
- Researching and analyzing cybersecurity capabilities to satisfy data protection requirements for the Program Office
- Analyzing existing conceptual and requirements documents to assure conformance to operational, functional, technical, and contractually specified requirements
- Drafting point papers, memoranda, positions papers, issues analyses, briefings, and research and analysis products as required documenting analysis for Government approval
- Evaluating cyber security controls to mitigate vulnerabilities and enhancements for cyber threats
- Working with others to Evaluate and mitigate vulnerabilities on your Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) list
- Providing analysis of National and DoD cyber events to determine impacts to the Program Office
- Coordinating with relevant cyber operations and security organizations to include Chief of Naval Operations (CNO), Communications Security Systems (COMSEC), PEO IWS and Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
- Facilitating cyber threat working groups to develop processes to determine threat information required for the Program Office and in-service support
- Providing cyber threat analysis (written and oral presentations) IAW DIA analytics standards
- Develop cyber training for end user to bring greater understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) Degree in a technical field and 5+ years of experience
- Minimum of 4 years of cyber security experience
- Strong communications and writing skills
- CERTIFICATIONS: IAT OR IAM Level II required
- Security clearance requirement: Must possess a Secret DoD security clearance (U.S. Citizenship required).
Preferred Skills and Education
Highly desired, but not required:
- DoD 8570/8140 IAM Level III Certification (CISSP, GSLC, or CISM)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to develop briefing materials, administrative support
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively, and briefing senior officers
- Strong Microsoft Office proficiency and experience
- Knowledge of NATO Seasparrow
- Secret/SCI security clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.