|Date Posted||February 10, 2018|
Join BAE Systems’ Intelligence and Security Sector and be a part of the team of men and women who solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. The Intelligence and Security Sector is searching for candidates to be a part of a dynamic cyber innovation team defending against outside cyber attacks by determining the security needs and implementing a security system that meets the needs of the Sponsor. The Cyber Security Malware Specialist position will assist in the prioritization of all malware reverse engineering work, assignment of caseloads, and deliverables.
Typical Education & Experience Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience using commercial and open source software and malware reverse engineering tools.
- Experience writing code (C, C++, Python, etc.)
• Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents
• Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
• Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk
• Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls
• Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
• Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance
• Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
Preferred Skills and Education Highly Desired:
- Master’s degree in Cyber Security or other related IT discipline.
- Experience identifying vulnerabilities and modifications to hardware.
- Understanding of computer engineering and hardware design including digital logic design and printed circuit board design.
- Understanding of hardware-level security exploits including signal injection and side-channel analysis.
- Experience in soldering, including equipment and materials required to perform removal and replacement of surface mount devices.
- Experience in the operation and use of digital oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, multi-meters, logic analyzers, signal generators, and specialized radio test systems.
- Certified Reverse Engineering Analyst (CREA)
- GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM)
- Experience in hardware reverse engineering
- Experience with data recovery tools (PC-3000) and techniques
- Experience performing low-level data extraction (JTAG, chip-off, etc.)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.