|Date Posted||May 13, 2018|
Job Description Join BAE Systems’ Intelligence and Security Sector and be a part of the team of men and women who solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges BAE Systems is looking for candidates to be a part of a dynamic cyber innovation team defending against outside cyber attacks by determining the security needs and implementing a security system that meets the needs of the Sponsor. The Cyber Security Forensics Specialist candidate must be tech savvy and have a strong desire to analyze and investigate computer hard drives, storage devices, and any other electronic device that may hold evidence of nefarious cyber activity.
Typical Education & Experience Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
- Ability to work independently, while possessing the necessary technical leadership qualities to communicate complex technical concepts effectively to technical and non-technical customers, senior management, and teammates to ensure the mission of cyber security professionals
- Advise on the availability and reliability of digital evidence
- Capable leading a team achieving a range of highly technical examinations and techniques collecting, processing, preserving, analyzing, and presenting computer-related evidence
- Responsible for disseminating and reporting cyber-related activities, conducing vulnerability analyses and risk management of computer systems.
- Perform Computer Security Incident Response activities, coordinate with Sponsor to record and report incidents
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
- Recovers information and electronic data from computer hard drives and other data storage devices, such as zip and flash drives that have been deleted, damaged or otherwise manipulated
- Conduct examinations of digital evidence and prepare for reporting
- Stay up-to-date on current events in the cyber industry
- A firm working knowledge of various operating and network systems, encryption programs and data retrieval procedures and the ability to provide IT support
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledgeable with industry forensics best practices and industry accepted forensic methodologies
- Familiarity leading teams such as cyber forensic examiners and reverse engineers
Preferred Skills and Education Highly Desired:
- Master’s degree in Cyber Security or other related IT discipline.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Digital Forensics
- At least 10 years’ of progressively responsible experience performing forensic investigations, malware reverse engineering, cyber security incident response
- At least of 8 years’ of experience specifically conducting cyber forensic investigations
- At least 3 years’ experience leading a team of cyber forensic examiners and reverse engineers
- EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE)
- Certified Computer Examiner (CCE)
- Certified Comuter Forensic Examiner (CCFE)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE), or GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- Demonstrated experience using Commercial (EnCase, Blacklight, FTK, Cellebrite, XRY, Carbon Black, etc.) and Open Source (Autopsy, TCT, Bulk Extractor, etc.) methods and tools to perform Computer Forensic investigations
- Demonstrated experience using commercial and open reverse engineering tools: IDA Pro, Hex-Rays, WinDbg, OllyDBG, Radare, and GDB
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.