|Location||San Jose, CA|
|Date Posted||January 5, 2019|
This position is open as of 1/4/2019.
Cyber Security Engineer - Firewalls, Linux, Vulnerabilities
•••Please note that this is work from home position that may require between 50% and 70% at times depending on which enterprise clients need support. You will not be traveling more than 3 to 4 days at a time for the most part.•••
If you are a Cyber Security Engineer with a strong background in Linux Systems Administration, Firewalls, vulnerability management/scanners, pen testing, and have some scripting skills please read on!
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, we are a rapidly growing software organization that has created a robust product suite focused on cybersecurity and vulnerability management. Due to recent growth and on-boarding of new clients, we have an immediate need to hire a full-time Network Security Engineer to join our Professional Services Team that covers North America. This is a remote/work from home position with up to 70% travel to customer sites throughout the U.S. at times. There might be zero travel one month, and significant travel the next.
Our Professional Services Team is responsible for product deployments with customers, training customers on our product suite, providing value-added services/consultative advice, and designing solutions for our clients. As a Member of our team, you will be called upon to lead projects and implementations while mentoring some of the more mid-level PS Engineers on the team.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
2. Excellent Compensation Plan - Salary + Bonus + Full Benefits + Equity
3. Ability to work with a cutting edge Cyber Security product suite!
What You Will Be Doing
What You Need for this Position
- 3+ years of experience working in Professional Services, client-facing, and/or technical account management roles
- Intermediate to advanced Linux Systems Administration (CentOS or RedHat) skills and experience writing Bash or Shell scripts - our products are all Linux based (CentOS)
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture with a focus on Layer 3 networking
- Strong background and hands-on experience with at least 2 or more of the following Firewalls: Cisco, Juniper, Check Point, Palo Alto or Fortinet
- Experience with vulnerability scanners and vulnerability management tools such as Qualys, Rapid7, Retina, Tripwire, etc. Other tools are acceptable
- Ability to create network models based on a client's existing network
- Previous experience and the desire to lead customer projects, providing consultative advice to clients, and leading client training sessions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Professional Certifications highly desired (CISSP, CCNP, CCIE, etc..)
Bonus points for:
- Scripting skills in Python or Perl
- MySQL experience (SQL scripts, Queries, etc.)
- Active Security Clearance
What's In It for You
- Bonus Potential
- 401k plus company match
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
Required SkillsNetwork Security, Layer 3 Networking, Network Architecture, Firewalls, vulnerability assessments, Professional Services / External Client Support, Linux Administration, Linux Scripting, Penetration Testing, Python Scripting
If you are a good fit for the Cyber Security Engineer - Firewalls, Linux, Vulnerabilities position, and have a background that includes:
Network Security, Layer 3 Networking, Network Architecture, Firewalls, vulnerability assessments, Professional Services / External Client Support, Linux Administration, Linux Scripting, Penetration Testing, Python Scripting and you are interested in working the following job types:
Within the following industries:
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the job in more detail with you!
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.