|Date Posted||March 13, 2018|
The Cyber Security Engineer will provide the highest quality of information assurance solutions to our business. The primary function of this role is to lead the implementation of security solutions, including the ongoing assessment and tracking of adherence to required security guidelines across the enterprise computing environment. The Cyber Security Engineer works both independently and collaboratively with developers, project managers/task leads and network, system and integration engineers. The primary responsibility for this individual will be the day to day activities/tasks associated with an enterprise DoD system's cyber security requirements as it applies to the current and future accreditation. The Cyber Security Engineer is required to support these activities via NIPRNet (Unclass) and SIPRNet (Classified) networks, as required.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer computing devices/systems that enforce security policies and audit controls in Windows, Linux and Cisco environments
- Assist in responses to external audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments
- Participate in the application of fixes, patches and disaster recovery procedures in the event of a security breach
- Track, assess, and validate Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVMs), Secure Technical Information Guidelines (STIGs), and new policies as necessary
- Support updates to documentation, Vulnerability Management System (VMS), Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS), Xacta IA Manager as necessary to sustain and renew the USSOCOM AISR Transport System accreditation
- Support the interpretation of policies, standards, laws, and regulations regarding technical aspects with respect to Information Security
- Support requirements to re-accredit DoD Information Technology and Platform Systems
- Resolve problems with minimal interaction from senior engineers and understand escalation procedure
- Participate in continuous process improvement efforts
- Conduct security risk assessments and support periodic government driven reviews, and IA workshops and
- Familiarity with application and network security
- Must be able to perform hands-on support for a wide range of security technologies including, but not limited to: SEIM, IDS/IPS, HIDS, malware analysis and protection, content filtering, logical access controls, identity and access management, data loss prevention, content filtering technologies, application firewalls, vulnerability scanners, LDAP, forensics software and security incident response
- 1+ year's experience
- RMF (Risk Management Framework)
- Security+ Certification
NICE TO HAVES
- Windows and Linux knowledge
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.